The Bajio is located in the center of Mexico and is known as the “heart of darkness” of Mexico due to the lack of evangelical presence. There are literally hundreds of counties within the seven states of the Bajio with an evangelical status of less than 1-2%.
Team Leader: Barry & Jennifer Baker
ibcGO Project Focus: Cooperating with the church planting strategies of IMB missionaries Matt & Kandi Ostertag as they facilitate partnership with Mexican national churches seeking to plant healthy, autonomous, multiplying churches among the least reached regions of the Bajio.
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Dates: June 16-23
Maximum Team Size: 14
Estimated Trip Costs: 1,300 including airfare, travel insurance and all in country expenses
Immunizations, Passport fees, personal purchases & some US travel meals
Family – Friendly
This trip is family friendly but those under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or guardian.
Trip Requirements (All forms available at ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Completion of IBC Project 1:8 Team Member Application ($200 deposit required with application)
· Active participation in all sessions of ibcGO Training – approximately 10 hours with approximately 4 additional hours of partnership-specific cross-cultural training
· Building Prayer & Financial Partners for the partnership (samples of prayer & support letters available on ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Adherence to all ibcGO mission trip policies as described in Team Member Application Project
· Housing will be in a hotel in the city of Guadalajara.
· This mission project will involve lots of walking and full days of ministry activities. Therefore, participants should be in reasonably good physical condition.
· Immunizations – Please consult your physician. You may also consult the CDC site for Mexico. Please allow sufficient time to obtain immunizations.
Passport is required for this trip. Start early! http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html