People Group/ City Profile: Haitians/Haiti, Country in the Caribbean Sea that includes the western third of island of Hispaniola and much smaller islands as Gon^ave, Tortue (Tortuga), Grande Caye, and Vache. The capital is Port-au-Prince.
ibcGO Project Focus: Cooperating with our missionary partners Rob and Trish Lowe to reach at Village of Hope School and surrounding communities, through relationship building activities that are all focused around an understanding of who Jesus Christ is through Bible study and local VBS.
Location: Haiti, Port-au-Prince
Dates: October 5-12, 2019
Maximum Team Size: 24
Estimated Trip Costs: $1600.00
Immunizations, Passport fees, personal purchases & some US travel meals
Family – Friendly
This trip is open to families of all ages
Trip Requirements (All forms available at ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Completion of IBC Project 1:8 Team Member Application ($200 deposit required with application) https://ibc.managedmissions.com/MissionApplication/Start/12024
· Active participation in all sessions of ibcGO Training – approximately 8 hours with approximately 4 additional hours of partnership-specific cross-cultural training
· Building Prayer & Financial Partners for the partnership (samples of prayer & support letters available on ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Adherence to all ibcGO mission trip policies as described in Team Member Application Project
· Housing will be in Village of Hope Compound. Rooms typically accommodate 6 to 8 in bunkbeds.
· Immunizations – Please consult your physician. You may also consult the CDC site for Haiti recommended immunizations. Please allow sufficient time.
Passport is required for this trip. Start early! http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html