People Group/ City Profile: Rob & Trish are members of IBC currently serving as the Assistant Country Directors of Village of Hope School, which provides educational opportunities to 640 students and basic health care to the community of Ganthier, a rural community east of Port Au Prince. The thirty-acre campus consists of nine buildings which house classrooms, Health Center, a kitchen, dining hall, assembly hall, chapel, showers, and administrative offices and storage facilities on 30 acres of land.
Team Leader: Brooke Smith
ibcGO Project Focus: Encouraging our ibcSENT missionaries through our presence, prayers, & participation in their ministry by prayer walking, conducting VBS, small facility improvement project, & general evangelism.
Location: Ganthier, Haiti (Port Au Prince)
Dates: November 11-18, 2017
Maximum Team Size: 20
Estimated Trip Costs: $1,600 including airfare, travel insurance, & in country expenses.
Immunizations, Passport fees, personal purchases & some US travel meals
Family – Friendly
This trip is open to approved participants ages 16+, but those under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or guardian.
Trip Requirements (All forms available at ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Completion of IBC Project 1:8 Team Member Application ($200 deposit required with application)
· Active participation in all sessions of ibcGO Training – approximately 10 hours with approximately 4 additional hours of partnership-specific cross-cultural training
· Completion of additional paperwork required by Village of Hope
· Building team of Prayer & Financial Partners for the partnership (samples of prayer & support letters available on ibccorbin.com/missions)
· Adherence to all ibcGO mission trip policies as described in Team Member Application Project
· Housing will be in Hope House, a facility designed for receiving volunteer teams.
· Flight time maximum of 12 hours including layovers
· Typical schedule involves full days of ministry 10-12 hours each day
· Immunizations – Please consult your physician. You may also consult the CDC site for Haiti. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/haiti Please allow sufficient time.
· Passport is required & should be obtained at least two months prior to trip. Start early! http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html