Williamsburg is a highly populated and fast growing gentrified neighborhood within the borough of Brooklyn. Williamsburg is an up and coming urban center and cultural hub. Forty-seven different languages/cultures have been discovered within Williamsburg. The area is full of various cultures and people groups but the area also has the highest population of agnostic and atheist in New York City. Many of its inhabitants have abandoned their faith and no longer walk with God.
Team Leader: Brent Foley
ibcGO Project Focus:
The focus of this project is to come alongside of Pastor Jamie and participate in the Entreat Institute. The Entreat Institute begins with training in urban evangelism and then reaching out into the community. Activities in the community will include acts of kindness and street evangelism on the street corners, subway stops, and park with the focus on forming relationships. By the end of the week, we will participate in a community wide Jazz Festival. The week will also provide opportunities to mature as the body of Christ and fellowship with other believers.
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Dates: March 11-17, 2017
Maximum Team Size: 50
Estimated Trip Costs: $250
Personal purchases, travel meals, and five dinner meals while in NYC
Family – Friendly
The ministry at New Beginnings Church is a family ministry; families of all ages are welcome.
Trip Requirements (All forms available at ibccorbin.com/missions)
- Completion of IBC Project 1:8 Team Member Application
($25 deposit required with application)
- Active participation in all sessions of ibcGO Training – approximately 10 hours with approximately 4 additional hours of partnership-specific cross-cultural training
- Building Prayer & Financial Partners for the partnership (samples of prayer & support letters available on ibccorbin.com/missions)
- Adherence to all ibcGO mission trip policies as described in Team Member Application Project
- The mission project will involve lots of walking back and forth between ministry sites. Therefore, participants should be in reasonably good physical condition.
- Housing will be at the church and will be divided into separate male and female sleeping areas.
- The travel time to Brooklyn, New York is approximately a 13-hour drive on our departure and return dates.
- Transportation will be by either a bus or van.